I like Affecting Change in Me’s idea to come up with the # of goals for the coming year based on your age. She’s turning 30 so she has 30 goals.
Here are my 26 goals for 2010…
I’ll check in each month to update how I’m doing on each goal.
1. Save 20% of my income for retirement
2. Save 10% of my income for other upcoming expenses
3. Increase my net worth to $60,000
4. Study (a lot) for graduate school tests
5. Take the GMAT (and poss retake the GRE)
6. Apply to grad school(s) in fall 2010
7. Stop drinking alcohol (except on my birthday)
8. Go to the gym 3 times a week
9. Earn $10k in freelance income ($833 / month)
10. Eat 1300 calories per day
11. Drink 8 glasses of water per day
12. Come up with sweet, non expensive things to do to make my boyfriend happy and do them
13. Go to 1 networking event per month and get up the courage to talk to people (which is going to be really hard since I’m giving up alcohol)
14. Keep my room organized (easier said than done, hello ADD)
15. Write max 20 posts per month for blogging gig ($500 / month)
16. Start a saving fund for basic expenses for the second half of next year when I’ll likely be out of a job.
17. Write hand written letters to the people in my life who I’ve lost contact with (sans Facebook status updates). I don’t really like many people, but it saddens me that I’ve lost contact with the few people in this world who I really admire and consider friends.
18. Take an antidepressant for a year and see if it actually helps my mood swings over time.
19. Go to group therapy when possible and give what it takes to get the most out of it possible.
20. Make an effort to spend one day a month with each of my few friends.
21. Invite my roommates to do something fun outside the house and try to build my relationship with them (I am really bad at socializing with my roommates, I like them but when I come home I usually just want to hide in my room. They are so close to each other it’s sometimes awkward for me to be there.)
22. Read at least 4 fiction books and 4 personal finance / economics books and 4 books on interaction design
23. Start saving for a car replacement
24. Put my all into work, even though sometimes I don’t know how to. Be positive at work and supportive of the chaotic environment that is life at a startup. Try to bring a smile to the table always.
25. Work on being a better listener and communicator. Learn from career counselor how to do that.
26. Try to take one day at a time and be happy for all I have and all the opportunities that are to come.