I’m still going back and forth between Wesabe and Geezeo. I’m curious to see what Mint has up its sleeves. For the time being, the sites don’t offer exactly what I want. Since I don’t have the time or skills to code my own perfect PF site, I figured I’d write out what the site would be like…
1. Sign In – would auto save my name, securely, on my computer.
2. Accounts – site would automatically update all of my accounts, including checking, savings, CD’s, and mutual fund accounts.
3. Graphs: Home Page would display relevant graphs/charts regarding my monthly spending versus income. Detailed graphs would be available to customize. For instance, I could place a graph on my homepage that would chart my monthly gas spending.
4. Tagging: each item would auto tag accurately as close as possible.
5. Tagging, part two: Retagging (or adding more tags) to items on a statement should be easy, and not require any additional drop down windows. Each item should include an entry text box where tags can be added. Each tag would autosave after a space is inserted. Double word tags would not require quotation marks. Tags would be separated by commas.
6. There would be a way to alter the date posted for income/spending since often I deposit my checks late or pay bills late. I still want to track these payments/income based on the month they should be posted for.
7. Graphics: Have little images for each basic tag.
8. Have separate tag/box to mark as “to be reimbursed” and a reminder to check that reimbursement has gone through
9. Optional income breakdown chart, for those of us who earn money from a variety of sources
10. Comparison on mutual fund income/losses versus other user’s investments.
11. Easy mobile access to my accounts.
12. Ability for all the accounts to “understand” each other. So if I transfer a certain amount of money from checking to an investment, it is not posted as spending for the month (it can be counted in separate investment category)
13. Budget tools: Ability to create charts w/ predetermined expenses, to know how much extra cash to spend/save per month is available.
14. Ability to pay bills directly through site, including cell phone bill and cable bill (I know this is a long shot, but It’d be nice)
15. Widgets and graphic saves that include graphs of above information that can be easily pasted in my blog.